Birtle Centre for the Arts Inc. (BCA) is located at 671 Main St., Birtle, and is a nexus of the local and regional creative communities. It began its life as The Classic Garden Inc., founded in 2012 and incorporated as a not-for-profit in 2013. The purpose of this organization has evolved with community needs in mind, and as a result it has recently been renamed BIRTLE CENTRE FOR THE ARTS.
Birtle Centre for the Arts Inc. is a non-profit organization located on Birtle’s Main Street. It is a team effort that is managed by a volunteer board of directors with the help of many community volunteers, donors and business sponsors.
Birtle Centre for the Arts Inc. strives to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment where creative endeavours and learning about the visual arts and craft are encouraged and facilitated. People of all ages are welcome to our use our bright clean workspaces to share and learn skills or to work independently on their creative projects. A growing group of energetic artists and volunteers continue to attract and nurture creativity through a widening range of programming.
If you would like to be part of this effort, you can learn more about all the ways you can contribute here.
Birtle Centre for the Arts works to contribute to growing a healthy, vital community by
- creating a positive, creative site for citizens of all ages, from children to seniors, to learn, practice and share skills
- providing high quality arts and craft instruction, equipment and facilities
- ensuring financial and physical accessibility for all activities
- actively reusing to minimize environmental impact
- leading and fostering leadership
- governing in an inclusive, team-based, collaborative manner
- improving the townscape
Useful, serving a need
Transparency and fairness